The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established in 2018 at J.N.T.University Anantapur. The following are the principal Objectives:
1. To establish a quality system for conscious, reliable and catalytic enhancement leading to notable improvement in academic and administrative performance in the University.
2. To coordinate and promote measures for imbibing institutional functioning towards quality enrichment through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
3. To facilitate the integration of the various activities of the University and ensure quality assurance towards its stakeholders.
Functions of IQAC:
1. Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the University.
2. Acting as a nodal agency of the University for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices.
3. Dissemination of information on various quality parameters in higher education.
4. Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circle.
5. Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the University.
6. Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the University on the basis of the quality parameters/assessment criteria in the prescribed format.
7. As per UGC Regulations 2010, IQAC shall act as the Documentation and Record-Keeping cell.
Benefits of IQAC:
1. Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
2. Creation of organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
3. Establishing a dynamic system for quality changes in the University.
4. Enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize good practices.
5. Facilitating a student-centric teaching-learning environment.
6. Assuring quality in research undertaken by the faculty.
7. Collaboration of departments and institutional functioning.
Important Initiatives Started at J.N.T. University Anantapur:
1. Creation of data base of faculty working in the various constituent units of the University with details of their academic and administrative details.
2. Systematizing the documentation process in all the units so as to make them ready for accreditation by agencies like NAAC/NBA etc.
3. Guiding and strengthening the Internal Quality Assurance Cells of the affiliated colleges of JNTUA with respect to the Quality Systems and best practices.
4. Creating an Awareness among all the stake holders about the importance of quality assurance in improving the academics and the professional skills of the student community.
5. Updating and upgrading pedagogical skills of the faculty through refresher courses / FDPs.