The Directorate of Faculty Development (D FD)
Established in the year 2018
- To upgrade the knowledge and skills of faculty members in the institutions of higher education.
- To develop interpersonal skills and communication skills of the faculty.
- To orient the faculty toward the competitive curriculum design and use of latest technology for teaching and learning process.
- To provide the skills set to the faculty for knowledge acquisition, knowledge dissemination, knowledge evaluation, knowledge creation, knowledge preservation and knowledge application.
- To inculcate the organizational skills, ethical values, professional skills to fulfill the multi-tasking needs of the faculty.
- To provide a platform to interact with reputed industries and organizations This may promote research and consultancy projects and IPR generation.
- To abreast the faculty with advances in their respective fields.
- To keep the faculty engaged with the cutting edge technologies and continuous leaning processes.
- To produce skilled manpower of high quality comparable to the best in the world and inadequate numbers to meet the complex technological needs of the country.
- To develop the entrepreneurship development skills to the faculty and in turn to the students.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Development of Quality Culture in University.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the University.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Framing of guidelines and on-line application to sponsor Faculty Development Programmes in constituent and affiliated Institutions.
- Sanction of AICTE Training & Learning (ATAL) Academy Programmes to the University.
- AICTE sponsored Faculty Development Programme for Student Induction.
- Faculty Development Programme under CSR by reputed organizations like Google.
- AICTE, NCC-IP sponsored on-line Workshops related to “Universal Human Values”.
- Planning and organising Short Term Training Programmes for Teachers in association with Faculty Development Cell, AICTE.
- Planning and organising Workshops/Faculty Development Programmes /Webinars in association with various Colleges.